Berkeley Castle

From WikiTO - The Toronto Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Recommend This Article:
   


Berkeley Castle is located at 250 The Esplanade and 2 Berkeley St. in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It is near the Distillery District. It is owned by Berkeley Castle Investments Ltd.

It is home to advertising agencies, consulting companies, architects and software developers. Retail space also include furniture shops, convenience stores and a gym

Website]

History

Berkeley Castle sits on what was the edge of the Lake Ontario. During the early 1800s infill extended the shores of Toronto south.

In 1868 Joseph Simpson constructed Toronto's first knitting factory on the site.

In 1975 the building was condemned. It was finally restored in 1983.

courtyard
courtyard
exterior
loft style suite

Tenants

Trapeze


Area Fitness

Berkeley's Bistro

Convenience Store

The Wine Establishment

Agile

Personal tools