Campbell House Museum

From WikiTO - The Toronto Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Recommend This Article:
   


Campbell House Museum


Campbell House was built in 1822 by Sir William Campbell - chief justice of Upper Canada from 1825-1829. Campbell lived in the house for 12 years before he died. The house was occupied by various other families and used for various other uses (vinegar factory, glassworks). In 1972 in order to preserve the building, the Advocate's Society moved from its location on Adelaide St to its current home at Queen and University. The building was restored to be as historically accurate as possible.

Details

160 Queen St. W.
416 597 0227
campbellhousemuseum.ca

Hours:
M-F 9:30-4:30
S,S: noon - 4:30

Personal tools