McCleary Playground - Toronto

From WikiTO - The Toronto Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Recommend This Article:
   


Please help Expand this article by adding additional content and photographs.


Useful Info

Address: McGee St. , Toronto

Main intersection: Queen St. E. and McGee St

Nearest subway: na

Neighbourhood: Leslieville

Telephone:

Website:

McCleary Playground - Toronto


McCleary Playground - Toronto

McCleary Playground is Toronto's first "natural playground". It is a little triangle of land at the southwest corner of Queen St. E. and McGee St. in Leslieville.

History

The land was orginally purchased by the city from George Leslie in 1883 for $600. It was previously an "old playground".

The current edition was designed by by Bienenstock Natural Playgrounds. The park's natural design uses natural structures - an upside-down tree, two huge boulders, and a sandbox built from tree trunks.

ING Direct funded the park, as part of its philanthropic "Orange in the Community" program. The estimated cost was $300,000.

In the news

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/697508

Nearby

Personal tools