St. Joseph College School - TDCSB Toronto

From WikiTO - The Toronto Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Recommend This Article:
   


Building exterior

St. Joseph's College School (Catholic Secondary School) 74 Wellesley Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1C4

Essentials

Total enrolment 746

Principal Luisa Cangelosi

Tel: 416-393-5514 Fax: 416-975-4371

Superintendent Bernice Brand

Tel: 222-8282 ext. 2730

Parish St. Basil Catholic Church

50 St. Joseph Street Toronto, Ontario M5S 1J4 416-926-7110

Local Trustee Catherine LeBlanc-Miller Tel: 416-512-3409; Fax: 416-512-3409 e-mail: [email protected]

CSAC Co-Chairs David Wilett and Victoria Paz Voice Mailbox #88514 [email protected] Extended French Secondary

History

St. Joseph’s College School was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto in 1854 on Power Street. Originally called “St. Joseph’s Academy for Young Ladies” the name changed to “St. Joseph’s College School, a Residential and Day School for the Higher and Primary Education of Young Ladies and Little Girls” when the school moved to Bay and St. Alban’s Street in 1863. In 1927, the school was renamed “St. Joseph’s College School” when it was established as a separate building. The present school was built in 1960 on the north side of Wellesley Street across from the old school when the original property was appropriated by the government for the erection of the MacDonald Block, part of 900 Bay St..

Personal tools